How To post to the Blog!

Send a text or picture msg to; wakeboardnj(dot)wbnj2011(at)blogger(dot)com. Don't forget your name or initials so we know who you are!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Beer Trials - Castegna

Here's the first of a few Swiss beers I intended on sampling this week. It promising on the outside. A little Swiss family on the label, green bottle, and even a angled label at the top(ohooooo). But right from the start it was quickly turning into a disaster. It had a twist off cap that I had to pop off with an opener. Not even the Hulk could have gotten this thing off by hand. Then the smell. It smelled skunked as soon as it went psssssss! Now I don't normally care about that, sometimes it's the normal smell of the beer. So because of this I decided to pour it into a glass and let it air. Sometimes alcohols need that air to release the flavors...but what do I know. So after watching the head(foam) settle I sniffed again and, yup, smelled like dung. Cow dung, dog dung, you name it, it smelled like day-old road kill! Whatever I am here and we are going to sample this.
The first sip was light, just to wet my whistle. Not bad. So on to a bigger gulp. Still not bad. Good flavor, complex, but not to crazy like a micro-brew. A few more sips and we were on. This was ok, not fantastic, but not bad either (glad I stuck with it). Sip after sip though I cound't help be be reminded of something. It was like I had drank this beer before...but I coudn't place it. Oh well, a few more sips later and then it hit me; this taste JUST LIKE Corona Extra! Holy smokes, I was drinking Corona with a different bottle and label.   I was a little let down, but then again, for a $2 bottle of booze I really didn't know what to expect.

So there you have it folks. This is what the Swiss version of Corona Extra looks like, and I am pretty sure you know how it tastes. -KG

No comments: